Monday, September 3, 2012

Updates!!

It's has been way too long since I've put together a blog post, and to be honest, I don't have much to include this time.  I just don't like that it's been so long.

Unfortunately, with all the time that has passed, I don't have any pictures to share.  I would have had some this weekend, but the camera battery was dead.  The good news is that it's recharged and ready to go when the next opportunity presents itself.

Rhett's pre-K class officially transitioned from the summer curriculum to the true pre-K curriculum.  His packet of paperwork was all good marks.  And, I think he's happy that some of his old buddies got moved up into pre-K with him.  He still doing soccer, and says it's "awesome!"  He scored two of the three goals that I saw at his last practice's scrimmage.  The first game is next weekend, and I fully intend to have the camera.  Awhile back I posted about the concept of honesty, and my timing couldn't have been better.  It's becoming more and more frequent that I find that he isn't always honest with me.  But, I am hoping that I am smart enough to keep on top of him :)  He can count to 100 now, and he can also count to 100 by 10s.  He likes to talk about how easy it is to count to 100.

Emma has been doing a little better with other adults.  She doesn't cry when she's dropped off at school anymore, and her classroom teacher has done some babysitting for me.  She still likes to be in and out of my arms every 2-5 minutes whenever I am around though, and she says "ma hold you" when she wants me to hold her.  We're still battling tantrums with her, and her favorite thing is chapstick.  She definitely keeps me on my toes.  I busted Rhett trying to paint her fingernails today, and I didn't even know they located the fingernail polish.  I have a slight suspicion that she tried applying some polish to her lips like lipstick, but I am trying not to think to much about that.

Stay tuned for the first soccer game update next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment