Earlier in the week, his school invited the parents to join the kids for a special Thanksgiving lunch in the cafeteria. Cafeteria food is still just as gross as I remembered, but it was nice to get a little chocolate milk again. Rhett told me he usually gets chocolate, but on that day he chose vanilla (vanilla milk??? yes, they can have this option every day). He has a late lunch, so I also took the afternoon off and surprised him with a trip to Sonic and the local park.
We also put the deposit down on his party, which is going to be at the bowling alley, and decided to bowl two quick games. He beat me fair and square, and he was the only one of us to break 100!
I hate dealing with unnecessary crowds, so we snuck in a visit to see Santa already. Emma is horrible around large, dress up characters of any sort, so she refuses to have anything to do with Santa. I talked him up quite a bit over the past week, so this year I was able to convince her to go with me to give him her list. But, she refused to talk or sit on his lap. She basically handed him her list and ran away. Since all of this stuff is about making money, you can't take your own photos. And, since Emma always refuses to take the commercial photo, I don't have pictures to share. But, I did take a quick picture of their Christmas lists :)
Today the kids decided to donate some of their allowance to a quick grocery trip for canned food. They had fun figuring out what they could buy with their money, and then we dropped it off at a local food collection center for the holidays.
Once again, I must say this year is going by way too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment