This year she started tap dance. She was pretty excited to start this class, and she's got some good friends in her class, so she is really good about going into her classroom. The bad thing is that she refuses to show me anything she learns in the class. So, I have no idea what she does while she is in there (this is similar to all her school skills as well, I honestly have no idea which letters she knows because she refuses to show me, so how in the ?!%? am I supposed to get her to do homework next year when she starts real school???). At least she sort of let me take a few pictures on her first day of class...
Speaking of school, she does take her backpack very seriously! She likes to walk into her class with it on. She also takes braids very seriously (and I am terrible at French braids), so she was very happy that I let her keep her braids in for school. Sometimes I just feel so bad for her that I'm her mom. She loves all of this girly stuff, and it's just not what I am good at.
We got invited to a really cool birthday party a few weeks ago. Emma was upset that school photographer didn't let her do her "pose" for school pictures. So, I convinced her to let me take this one by saying "you can do your pose."
And, of course her soon to be step-sister, Bayleigh, are more than happy to embrace each other for the camera.
It's so funny how my kids have this family stuff all figured out. They are in for a lot of changes next summer, so I'm always happy to answer their questions. Rhett has already pointed out that he will be the only one that won't have a brother. And, Emma has already requested that Mr. Troy wear a wedding dress for our big day!
No comments:
Post a Comment