Sunday, January 18, 2015

Rhett is 7!

Rhett is 7!  Where has the time gone?  He's turned into such a little man!  It's been a very busy weekend.  Friday he got to take cookies to school and pick out a few baseball items from Academy as part of his birthday.  I'm pretty sure that my kids birthdays are two of my favorite days of the year right next to Christmas.  It stinks that they are growing older, but birthday are just the best with kids.

At 7 years old, Rhett loves just about everything in his day to day.  He is really my "easy" child.  He likes school and right now asks me multiple times a day to practice his timed math facts (you know those tests we used to do in math and you have to see how many you can get done in a minute?).  So, I am having to make up worksheets at least once a day for practice.  They also measure their reading level equivalent, and he is always excited on the days they find out their new level.  I can tell he's growing up because instead of cartoons, he will almost always pick sports games on TV.  He also really enjoys playing sports, and he gets excited for every single practice.  His favorite thing to do is play outside.  The neighbors play kickball, basketball, baseball, football, etc.  And, his favorite food is still peanut butter and jelly.  He would pick having that at home over going out to eat any day.  He's a great big brother and a great son, and I am so proud of him!

Saturday was his party day...

They are ready to get the party started and annoyed with me for making them take pictures first!


Troy and Bayleigh were MIA for this party because Bayleigh came down with the flu two days before the party.

We had a sports themed birthday party this year, and I think it turned out great!  Once again he insisted on the cookie cake :)



Quite the ladies man...


Some of his best buddies, Kaden and Chad.


Happy Birthday to Rhett!


Handing me his cash!  I can't believe we are already at the age where half of the kids just give money!!


Since the boy can really read now he liked to take his time reading the cards with each gift.


All the kids liked to see what was inside the presents.


His actual birthday was on Sunday.  Notice a theme in his attire?  He insisted on the Packers jersey every day this weekend, so of course I said "sure Rhett, I'll wash it every day for you!"  Needless to say his heart was pretty much broken by the game today :(  I think he will forever hate the Seahawks.  I'm not joking when I say for a few hours after the game he was still talking about how much he hates those Seahawks.  He wanted a steakhouse restaurant for dinner, but then refused to order the steak because it starts with an "s" like the Seattle Seahawks.  Since it's a Texas Roadhouse, they celebrate birthdays by having you sit on a horse saddle while they cheer for yo.  Well, Rhett straight up refused that because "saddle" sounds just like Seattle.  He also made sure to tell me he even likes the Bears better than the Seahawks, which was his way of reiterating that the Seahawks are his least favorite team.  But, at least he got presents to make the day a little better.



We continued our tradition and Rhett got a present for Emma on his birthday!


Rhett had a great birthday.  The jersey actually came direct from the Packers pro shop courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa.  He also got courtside seats to a Rockets game with his dad and got to high five the players.  And, we got him stuff to redo his room into a sports theme (it was previously a Disney Cars theme).  Another highlight was excellent weather so he also got to spend a few hours outside this weekend which is his favorite thing!

I begged and begged to get a picture of this outfit on her, but she really didn't want to take pictures.  It's one of my favorites, and I realized I have no pictures of it yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment