Monday, July 9, 2012

Sesame Street Place

Philadelphia is home to many things, but did you know that Sesame Street is there?  The group that does Sea World has a huge Sesame Street-themed amusement park in Philadelphia.  I had heard some good things about it, so I wanted to include it in one of our trips to my parents.  During the last two days of our vacation, we headed to Philly to check it out.

Of course it was packed with people and the hottest day of the year.  The park is actually mostly water-based, so that was great considering the heat.  Emma got to go on some bigger waterslides which she seemed to like as long as she was with me.

They had three good shows and a street parade, and we were able to see all of them.  We also did breakfast with the characters on the second day, which was awesome because we had an hour of next to no lines to visit with the characters.  Then, they left a seat at all of the tables, and the characters would come around and sit at the table with us.  Emma didn't want to get too close to the guys, but by the end of breakfast she was doing high fives and gave one a hug (in my arms of course).  Even though she didn't want to get close, she would get sooooo excited when she would see them, and she always wanted to go check them out, just not too close.  I think she blew a kiss to every single one.

Here is Emma waiting for the parade...



Excited for day #2 with early entrance for breakfast!





Hanging out with their Sesame Pals (Emma really liked "The Count" so she picked a stuffed Count for her prize, and Rhett really liked Cookie Monster so that's who he picked).











And, there were dry rides too.  Emma loved them as long as I accompanied her.



She was really excited about this one even though I didn't want her to go.  The only word to describe this ride is like we were human yo yos.  It went up, and then dropped and then repeated the process over and over again.  In line she would say "my turn, my turn, my turn."  And, she was okay when the ride started to go up, but she was not happy once it started going up and down.  So, she cried during the whole thing, and of course Rhett's smile stayed in place.



And, yes, these rides did have height restrictions, but I guess since it's Sesame Street, Emma was somehow tall enough to go on them even though she doesn't look quite tall enough in the picture above.

I didn't get a picture of the roller coaster, but it was by far the biggest coaster that Rhett's ever been on.  He went on it three times.  I could only handle it one time, but thankfully Grandpa was willing to go on it twice in a row!

1 comment: