Saturday, July 14, 2012

Unconditional Love

As any parents of siblings already knows, siblings vacillate between best friends and worst enemies and everything in between many many times during the day.  So, I'm taking a positive spin on it and thinking of it as lessons of unconditional love.  I don't think I could willingly play with someone that just punched me in the face (yes, Rhett has done this recently to Emma even though she is usually the aggressor) or scratched me in the eye (what Emma did to Rhett when he got in her face at the airport while she was strapped into her stroller).  But, it's mind blowing because they don't need a five minute cool-down period.  They can recover in mere seconds!  It's crazy!  But, it's also probably time for me to read a fancy book about how to parent them through these ages so that we can minimize the scratches, bites, and rare punches to the face.  From what I've heard, this is just the beginning.

Rhett asked Emma to play doctor with him this week, and after her last two months of countless doctor trips, I think she finally understood what it meant.  It was so cute for me to see them really playing together with Emma actually understanding.  Of course, Rhett's doctor skills were one step ahead of hers.  He found his flashlight and would carefully place it behind the instruments (like that ear thing they use to look for ear infections), so that he could get a really good look just like they do at the doctor's office.  They were way too busy playing for me to get any decent pictures, but I did my best.


No comments:

Post a Comment