No pictures this time, just funny kid stuff...
This week the kids' Grammy went out of town. Rhett said something about her being gone, so I asked where she went. He said somewhere that's farther than Houston, but he can't remember the name. Later that night, he saw some pictures of my cousins and started asking a million questions. So, we spent some time talking about all of his cousins in Wisconsin. He asked me to repeat where they were from, and then he exclaimed, "that's where my Grammy is!" I know for a fact that's not where Grammy is because she was only gone for two days, and she would have told me if she was going to my birth state, but it wasn't worth correcting him. Then, the next day he asked me where all his cousins lived again, and I told him Wisconsin. Again, he said that's where Grammy went on her trip. Then, about 30 minutes later he started talking about his cousins in Australia. I have no idea where he got this from, but I think all the syllables in these places have him confused. I just don't want him going to daycare and telling his teachers he has cousins in Australia, cause he DOESN'T, our life isn't that exciting :)
The other night he was hungry before dinner and asked for an appletizer :) That's not a funny word for an apple before dinner, he truly meant appetizer.
He is so excited for Christmas! He is working to understand all the details like Christmas Eve, and he LOVES the cartoon version of The Grinch. I think I am going to try letting him watch the Jim Carrey version this weekend.
As to Emma, she is getting so much more manageable. She finally understands when I say/threaten things like "do you want to go on timeout?" She is also very convinced that we have a puppy at our house and asks all the time about the puppy. But, she is deathly afraid of puppies. If a puppy comes near her, it will send her into a full-blown panic attack...we're talking body shaking and convulsing with her cries. It's so strange because she had a dog until she was 18 months old, but then I couldn't handle how upset she would get about him. She is also around dogs at lots of people's houses. She has a similar fear of bugs. Our Elf on the Shelf is named Buzz, which sounds just like bug. When Rhett started talking about Buzz for the first time, she threw herself into a hysterical fit and insisted I hold her. I am not joking when I say it took about 15 minutes to convince her that Buzz is not a bug.
Friday, December 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment