The did reasonably well. Emma was a chatterbox, but they liked it, and I think they will like adding church into our routine. I think we're getting close to finally joining a church around here and getting involved.
I've mentioned several times how excited Emma is for ballet. We bought her stuff a couple of weeks ago, and she had to put it on right when she got home. Please note that this is not my first choice for dance attire, but it is the "required" attire for baby ballet this year.
I still can't believe I have this girl that's not overly independent nor adventurous, but she is animated and girly, girly, girly. She could care less about demonstrating the things she learns at school, and you can forget me teaching her anything...she's not into it (I am scared that this may be a sign that she will also not be a school-girl). Her personality is almost a complete opposite of me. She's finally starting to watch a little more TV now. Right now she is really really into Olivia, and I am so happy!
Rhett is getting ready for Kindergarten. We spent a special day together this week getting his first teacher assignment (I'm really pleased with the teacher he got this year) at the school and just celebrating him growing up. He is very excited for Kindergarten and has been counting down the days.
In other news, my kids are eating food that I can eat with them! This is quite a change for us. I used to have throw whatever I could on the table right when we walked in the door, so it was usually some sort of kid-friendly finger food that I never ate. Now we eat together after I've had time to actually make something (okay, not much, but at least enough time to make something that I'll eat too). For lunch today, the kids both discovered that they like taco salad. They got frustrated with their taco shells breaking, so they actually agreed to add a little lettuce and ranch. You have no idea how happy I was that they would actually eat something normal. Plus, Rhett even added lettuce to his burger last night...yeah, he's growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment