Monday, August 26, 2013

Kindergarten!!!

Rhett is off for his first day of Kindergarten today.  It was an exciting morning.  I thought that he would wake up early, but I wound up waking him up which rarely happens because he's an early riser.  Just before that, I packed his lunch with his requests (PB&J, apricot, Cool Ranch Doritos, and a juice box).



Here are the pictures from the morning...

It looks like he's about second tallest in his class.  He was excited, but started getting nervous when it was time to go.  He was doing his best to be brave.  I could see that he was starting to get some tears, but he kept them in and followed the line.  He looked back several times and waved at me.  I know he'll do great, but I'm not so sure about me.  I will be very excited to see him at the end of the day!












Emma must have been excited for him today too.  She didn't do her grumpy routine after I woke her up (she's not terrible in the mornings, but she's usually a little grumpy, and I usually have to wake her), and I really appreciated her cooperative spirit.  She didn't really get into picture taking, so that's why she isn't in any of the pictures above.  This is the best one I've got of her from today, but notice the lovely blueberry in her teeth!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment