Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ballet

The day finally came for Emma's first dance class.  She has been asking about this since May and every nightwould insist on touching her leotard, tutu, and ballet shoes before bed.  Needless to say, she was VERY excited.  And, she gave me no trouble about posing for pictures beforehand.  I LOVE THESE!

Anyway, once we go there, there were tons of these girls (and, yes, this is the required class attire) all dressed in the same big tutus.  Her cousin is in the same class, and on the way there, Emma was explaining on how she planned to hold Audrey's hand, and she was very concerned that I would be right outside the door waiting for her once she was done.  Emma walked right into the class, but I could see she got nervous right as she was walking in.  I have no idea what happened during the next 20 minutes.  She reported that she didn't cry, but that 2 girls did cry.  They let us in for the last 10 minutes to show us what they worked on.  All of the girls were lined up in rows and did little foot taps with a big kiss at the end.  I'm happy to report that Emma did about 70% of the routine, which was pretty good (I'd say better than average).  Halfway through the song, they were supposed to switch feet from right to left, but Emma missed the "switch," so her right leg got a really good workout.  She was happy, happy, happy (yes, this is my FAVORITE Duck Dynasty phrase) afterwards and is so excited to go again.  This morning she cried that it wasn't another ballet day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment