Sunday, April 13, 2014

Emma Fun

I've found myself with a lot of time with just Emma lately.  Recently, Rhett was invited to go play at a friend's house from school, and she wound up home for a day with pinkeye (so, a contagious infection but she didn't act like a sick kid).  Here's what we did for fun (and, some other random stuff of Emma)...

 
This one was from last weekend.  She told me she wanted to see the Easter Bunny even though she has never gotten within 15 feet of our mall Easter Bunny.  So, I told Rhett that we have to go, she says she wants to see him.  Rhett's response was "I don't want to go.  I know that's just a guy in costume."  WHAT?!?!?  I don't think I responded to that, but I did tell him that we had to go.  Needless to say, there are no more pictures to share because, once again, she did not get within 15 feet of that bunny.  What she doesn't realize is that there will be no trips to any sort of Disney park until she gets over her extreme fear of these big, dressed up guys!
 
 
Sunny days at this time of the year are my favorite weather days of the year.  So, we take every opportunity we get even if it means a blanket-style picnic on our driveway.

 
When she realized that she had to stay home "sick" for the day, she insisted that we do something fun.  I already had visions of tackling various household projects, so I told her "okay, we can paint nails with my polish."  Before this I told her that Mommy had to get some stuff done in her room, and that she needed to go play for a little bit.  After playing for a little bit, she came to check on me and said, "Mommy, it is sooooooo pretty outside."  She was right, so we grabbed the polish and took it to our favorite spot, the driveway.  She's been using this word "soooooo" for everything.  Such as "this is sooooo cute," or "Mommy, this sooooooo good."

 
Admiring her work.  I usually paint them rainbow (a different color for every single nail), but she didn't want to be done, so I let her go ahead and add her own clear, top coat.

 
It's kind of like a little club for the girls at the ballpark these days.  It's getting to the point where we know more and more people wherever we go, so Emma will usually find some friends to hang with.

 
This is another fun one from our "sick" day enjoying the "sooooo pretty" day.  I thought she would play, so I pulled out a chair and a magazine.  It didn't take long before she told me that she needed to go inside and get her magazine.  She has some kid ones, but she came out with one of mine.  I had to laugh at her whole position here because she is doing exactly what I was doing, including the crossed legs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment