Here are my kids waiting for the roller coaster.
Here's Emma and Bayleigh. Not sure Emma would have been quite so happy if she had seen that "scary" face Bayleigh was making...

It was such a pathetic realization when we determined that none of the kids had eaten a funnel cake, so all they all got their own. Don't worry no one was able to eat the whole thing :)


I should probably add some notable stories since it's been awhile...
Emma told me the other day that she has a boyfriend. I said "who?!?!?!" She didn't answer, but then said she has a boyfriend again. I could tell she just wanted to say it, but she doesn't really know what it means, and there is no real boyfriend. Ummmm, scary!
She has also started saying ma'am, but she gets it all wrong. The other morning she was a little grumpy and was following me around pouting and wanting me to hold her. Eventually she knew it wasn't going to happen, but she knows I will generally carry her to the car when it's time to go. So, she said to me, "when we go to the car, you will carry me, yes ma'am??" I can tell that they must be teaching this at school because typically a teacher will give a command and then prompt the kids to say "yes ma'am" by saying it after the command. So, she's using the phrase like her teachers.
Rhett is a growing boy! And, he is all boy! If there is anything in the house that he can find to throw, he will find it. So, every day I find myself saying "if I see you throw _______ again, I will throw it away." But, even when we are outside, you can bet that he will always be playing with whichever kids are doing some sort of active ball-based game. If both kids have a really good week at school, then on Fridays we will sometimes go for donuts before school. Rhett polished off an entire cinnamon twist donut, a kolache, and a whole bottle of milk (a 2 serving bottle). He's only 6, what's it going to be like when he's 15??? In his defense, he really only eats when he's hungry, and he will turn down sweets if he's not hungry. Also, he doesn't get lunch until 12:15, so most mornings I am begging with him to eat more for breakfast because even I can't make it 5+ hours between breakfast and lunch!

No comments:
Post a Comment