Rhett's missing a tooth!

Rhett made sure to let Emma know that she had to take a picture to commemorate her first trip to the dentist. I think she was just relieved that it was over.

Vacation Bible School was awesome!

After all of this, we headed to Pennsylvania where we typically spend our 4th of July. This year I really didn't get pictures, except for one (see below), but it was a really awesome trip. Somehow Emma managed to get her worst ear infection to date despite the fact that she was already on antibiotics, but we quickly got that taken care of (the only option was the ER, but it was a very smooth experience). The kids did so many special things. We did a boat ride through caves, which was something new for us. And, at the same place, the kids got to do some mining for gold, gems, and arrowheads. We did our traditional trip to Del Grosso's (amusement park that also has a swimming/area and water slides), but this time we pulled it off without a stroller, and Rhett went on some water slides by himself. Rhett got to go to a minor league baseball game with his Grandpa, and he loved it! We also did fireworks at the house and roasted marshmallows. And, of course the kids were exposed to all sorts of new movies, special toys, and various art projects with their grandparents. The kids were spoiled rotten with constant playmates (grandma, grandpa, Uncle Mitch, and Casey), and I actually got some relaxing time :) I think I read a whole book while we were there, and it usually takes me about 6 months to read one book when I'm home.
Emma tackles all rides with her hands straight up in the air! Love the Flying Fish ride at DelGrosso's :)

Thanks Mom and Dad for once again making our trip special! Hopefully, you've gotten some down time to relax and recuperate!
We really don't have much else going on this summer. I'll be getting Emma's ears double-checked this week. She's got me a little nervous right now because she's had pneumonia, bronchitis, and two ear infections this summer. I'm also hoping to let her try out a gymnastics class in the next week or two, and we plan to officially become members of our church next Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment