Friday, August 8, 2014

Engaged!

I'm a week late in posting this to the blog (although it has been facebook official), but Troy and I got engaged last Friday, August 1!  We are so excited, and we have so many changes to look forward to.  We had been talking about things for a few weeks, so we already had an idea of what we wanted to do.  Needless to say, we are all booked for a wedding on June 6, 2015 in Destin, Florida!  The second we left Destin this summer when our vacation was over, we knew we wanted to go back, and this gives us the perfect excuse!

But, in the meantime, as I anxiously await the next 10 months to pass, I get to look at the most perfect ring a girl could ask for.  Thank you Troy!





It's been a crazy last week.  Literally on the day we got engaged, we had 5 minutes to be excited together and then had to head in separate directions to pick up the kids.  We all got back together at my house, and went about our normal crazy evening routine.  So, we didn't have much time to let it all sink in, call people, celebrate, etc.  The kids had all sorts of crazy questions, but they are very excited that someday we will all live together and that we will have another trip to the beach next summer.



And, for those out of town family members that read this, I haven't revealed too much about Troy and his daughter.  So, here's the scoop...Troy and I met in June 2013, and we live in the same town.  He has bent over backwards for me, and he is really really good with children.  I didn't always make things easy for him, but he didn't give up, and I am so thankful for that because I couldn't have asked for a better guy.  He has a daughter, Bayleigh (she's been in the blog a few times), and she is 13 months younger than Emma.  The kids get along really well, so hopefully that will continue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment