Sunday, August 16, 2015

Summer is Coming to an End

It's so hard to believe that we have only one week left before school.  But, the kids are ready to start.  Rhett has just started complaining that daycare is getting boring, and he's ready to go back.  I'm nervous about Emma because she still seems to benefit quite a bit from taking her daily naps (and, I'll be honest, I enjoy the quiet time during the weekend).  The other day I said to Emma "How did this happen?  How is it already time for you to go to Kindergarten?"  Her response was "Well, Rhett is in second grade."  I think she was trying to understand why I would be surprised about her starting school.  And, then I said "Yeah, but he is older and you're my baby."  And she said "yeah, and Rhett will die before me, right?"  She sure knows how to take the conversation to dark places sometimes.

Needless to say, we have tradition that we take a "vacation day" on the day the elementary school opens to pick up teacher assignments.  On that day, we typically do something fun with the neighbors and focus on back to school type stuff.

Here they are getting some breakfast.



And, here they are with our neighbors.  We sure are going to miss having them right next door.  Looks like we will be moving to our new house in about 2 weeks.



I also wanted to add this picture.  We invited a friend of Rhett's and his brother to join us for a day of water activities earlier in the summer.  They had fun playing until it was completely dark outside!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment