Emma has been doing really well adjusting to real school. During parent-teacher conferences, I was happy that the teacher told me Emma is really funny and has a good sense of humor. I liked hearing that. She sure does have a lot of personality.On Tuesdays, they were their school t-shirts. She was pretty happy to match her big brother.
On Fridays, they do school spirit attire. Emma insisted that she have a full cheerleading outfit because some other girls in her class had them. And, so that whole ordeal begins...
Then, they had red ribbon week where each day was a special dress up day. We had a lot of fun with mis-match day! For some reason, Emma was completely opposed to wearing 2 different shoes.
Each week, one kid gets to take home the class pet, "Barky." During their week, they are supposed to take pictures and make a book about all of their adventures. We were lucky because we got Barky during a three-day, holiday weekend, complete with grandparents in town.
She has made best friends with a girl that is actually a quadruplet (there are 2 girls and 2 boys), and every once in awhile I'm able to sneak away from work at lunch to hang out with these guys. The girls also have one dance class together. Her friend brought her a little, crafty toy one day. Emma was so excited, she raced home and made the girl a poster by taping excessive amounts of paper together and barely writing on it all. It was so extreme, I felt the need to warn the girl's mother about what Emma would be bringing.
They had a special performance during the local rotary club's spaghetti dinner. They sang songs from music class, and it was absolutely adorable.
And, I mean seriously, how great is this picture??? It was in between songs. I asker her what they were giggling about, and she said it was all the clapping people were doing. They were so proud of themselves!
And, of course, I absolutely love that she still lets me dress her in super-cute clothes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment