Friday, February 19, 2016

Emma Is Full of Questions

Oh Emma, she is full of questions.  Within a three hour time span yesterday, here are just a few of the questions that I got asked:

  • How did they get me out of your belly?  They just cut me out?  Did you get stitches?  Fortunately, she was "cut out," so I could honestly let that be the explanation.
  • How do babies get in bellies anyway?  Ummm, I just went with the "God puts babies in bellies of people that have a lot of love."
  • How do people die?  Do you just leave them there when they die? (She really thought that it was possible we'd have dead people laying around all over the place.)
  • When am I going to die?
  • What does bury mean?  If you're buried, then how do you get to be in Heaven?
By the end of the day, I was just laughing because I could not believe that she tackled both of these subjects in one day!  Meanwhile, my smarty pants 8 year old boy has never come close to asking these questions!

Now, I just need to get her reading skills a little better, and I can start telling her to "look it up" when she wants to ask me 500 questions.  And, speaking of reading skills, today was career day at school, and she decided to be a librarian.  I secretly think she was looking for an excuse to wear a few of her more "grown up" looking things to school.



And, here's another precious one of her from earlier in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment