Monday, February 21, 2011

Jace and Deli

I apologize in advance for posting again without a picture. The kids are still really sick, so it hasn't been a good time to take pictures.

But, Rhett and I did get out of the house today and stopped at Jason's Deli for lunch. We hadn't been there in a few months, and we used to always play a little game and identify someone in Jason's Deli that we would call "Jason" (usually a male worker would get the nickname). I didn't bring up this little "game" today, but as we were eating, my conversation with Rhett went something like this:

Rhett: Where is Jace and Deli?
Me: What?
Rhett: Where is Jace and Deli?
At this point, I think he's asking me about Jason
Me: Oh, I think that man that brought us the food is Jason.
Rhett: But where is Deli?
Me: What??
Rhett: Who is Deli?
Having finally figured out the confusion and not wanting to go into the explanation
Me: I think that girl that took our order is Deli.
Rhett: Oh yeah, she is Deli. But, who is that man (pointing at another worker sweeping the floor)?
Me: I don't know.
Rhett: I "fink" that is another Jace. There must be two Jace's here and one Deli.
Me: Okay, well I'm glad one of us has this all figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment