- Took kids to DQ earlier in the week. Rhett told me he wanted the ice cream with sprinkles, and I said "well, they don't have that at Dairy Queen. I think you're thinking of Marble Slab." He said, "okay, well, I'll just get some with candy in it." To which I responded, "I think they only have chocolate candy, you know like M&Ms. I don't think they have the colorful candy that you're thinking of." He wanted to have a tantrum, but I quickly threatened that if he cried about a special outing for ice cream, we weren't going anywhere. I just assumed that he would recall his past Dilly Bar aka "Diwwy Bar" experiences and go with that, but he wasn't interested in a plain old Dilly Bar. He ultimately decided on a caramel sundae that he shared with Emma. When he went to bed that night he said "can we go to Dairy Queen tomorrow?" Of course I said no, but the next night at dinner he reminded me that he really liked that caramel sundae.
- We're still listening to the Lion King soundtrack a lot in my car. Emma has joined in on the singing, she makes the noises. Like doing the tribal chant sounds in Circle of Life, and most recently picking up the hyenas saying "la la la la la" in the bad-guy song. I think it took me awhile to realize that she's actually singing some of the parts, but Rhett and I laugh at her all the time.
- Emma's starting to do housework too, everyday at bathtime she collects all her dirty laundry and puts it in the hamper (seriously, if she drops one sock, she will make sure to take care of it). The only problem is that sometimes she wants to get the clothes back out of the hamper.
- Emma has also gotten much more interested in books. She will bring them over to me and plop herself in my lap. We just point at the pictures and practice the words, but she especially likes Sesame Street books.
- Emma is also still stuck on bottles. She refuses to drink milk if it's in a sippy cup. Literally, she will throw the sippy cup across the room and cry. Is it really that bad for her to have two bottles a day???
- Rhett amazes me every day. I can't believe he's gotten so big. I guess I don't pick him up very much anymore because when I do, I'm always a little surprised by how heavy he is. He is full of affection, and sweet talk with a lot of random "I love you mommy" comments every day. He doesn't like to brush teeth or dress himself, but he can do both of these things now. Because this is MY blog, I feel allowed to brag on my kids, so I must mention what the daycare owner told me the other day. She said "Kelly, he is really bright. We can tell which kids are going to be the leaders at this young age, and we always look to him to be a leader."
Pictures will come soon because we have a trip to the pumpkin patch scheduled for tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment