Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trunk Or Treat

Around here it seems like all the churches have some sort of Halloween Festival. And, because of that, actual trick-or-treating isn't as big of a deal (although everyone in our neighborhood plans to Trick-or-Treat this year). The churches usually call this "trunk-or-treating" because the adults set up their cars in a semi-circle with their trunks facing into the circle. Then, they decorate their trunk and keep it open for the kids to see the decorations. The owners sit right next to their cars and pass out candy.

The kids got to try a variety of candy too. Emma went with a 3 Musketeers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, and a Lollipop. Surprisingly, she was only a fan of the lollipop (this girl's appetite has disappeared lately), and she mostly wanted to play with the packages of candy instead of eat them.

Rhett, of course, was into his candy. I can't remember which items he tasted (he had about 4 pieces which included at least one Starburst and Twizzler), but he did a good job saying "trick or treat" and using his "thank you" manners.

This gave us an excellent opportunity for lots of picture taking (I apologize in advance for the runny noses, they just don't stop these days)...

Here is the newest member of the Nederland Fire Department!





And, here is a stinger-free bumble bee.



This is a typical Emma pose. She does something similar when she's pouting, but lately she's been doing this and saying "nigh nee," which means "night night."



Lately, the kids have been interacting and playing more and more with each other. Rhett is always saying "c'mon Emma, c'mon Emma," and I think she understands him because usually she goes to him.



And, here they are at the Trunk or Treat Festival.





P.S. I got a kick out of Rhett's candy vocabulary the next day. Kit Kats are Kitty Kats (but he's called them that), and he also talked about the Red Blizzard which I quickly figured out was a Twizzler.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly - As always, you have some cute pictures and beautiful kids! I love the close up of Emma & Rhett - you really caught a cute moment there :) I hope you guys are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete