Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa's Visit

On the eve before Grandma and Grandpa's visit, I braved the pizza parlor with my kids. Emma was hungry and didn't like waiting, so I distracted her with some pictures.



On the first night of Grandma and Grandpa's visit, Grandma and Rhett made homemade Rice Krispy treats together. Here's the chef enjoying his sticky snack.



And, here's Emma. She's mad because Grandma and Grandpa were getting a little too close, and she wasn't warmed up to them yet. But, even though she was mad, she kept on eating!



On the weekend, Grandpa and I took Rhett for his first trip to the bowling alley. We may have found his sport. He got a spare on his first frame, and scored a 74 in his first game! He also liked the shoes and was curious if we could keep them.



Of course there was lots of time for laughs and cuddles.













Rhett was so happy to have his grandparents visit because he got to play hooky from school for two days plus the weekend! And, he got to cook, build towers, play super heroes, and lots of games (he said his favorite thing was playing Hi Ho Cherry-O).

Emma finally warmed up, and even though she cried when I left for work, errands, or whatever, both grandparents got to play with her and all her curls!

No comments:

Post a Comment