While my parents were in town, I decided to drag my Dad along with the kids and me on a trip to the zoo. What I remember most about this trip was using every muscle in my body to force Emma into the stroller while she fought me with all her strength, and the countless tantrums and stares. The problem was that Emma didn't want to ride in the strollers, but she also didn't want to hold hands if she was walking around. So, I would say about 50% of the time she was mad, and I was beyond frustrated. She did enjoy the "playgrounds" and "tunnels," and every once in awhile she would check out the animals. She also loved the petting zoo and the carousel ride, although these were two more activities that resulted in full body tantrums when they were over. On the way home, she was asleep before we pulled out of the parking lot and then slept the whole way home!
Rhett did an awesome job. He loved riding in the double-stroller/cart with Emma. He had fun with everything. And, he especially liked identifying the Lion King animals throughout the zoo.







We've also noticed that Rhett has developed a heightened awareness of other peoples feelings and emotions. One good example is that he and Emma were playing together and somehow they fell down. Emma wound up hitting her head on the corner of a ledge in the house. Emma cried for two minutes, and Rhett cried for 15 minutes because he felt so bad. I love love love the 4-year old age. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can say the same thing about the almost 2-year old age :)
No comments:
Post a Comment