Before I finally share some pictures, let me also explain why there haven't been many blog posts lately. I pick the kids up at 5:00 every day. We get home close to 5:30 at which point they are starving. I usually have about 3 minutes to get food on the table before they start having meltdowns. Dinner usually consists of hot dogs, PB&J, mac n cheese, yogurt, fruit, and all variations in between. While they eat, I frantically change clothes and put away the mountains of things that we lug around with us all day. They finish eating about 6:00. By 6:30, we are already on to baths followed by bedtime. Obviously, we are busy busy busy and that doesn't leave a lot of time for picture taking.
Today, for one of the first days in a long time, we stayed home all morning. The kids have been battling a nasty cold (what else is new), and the weather is gross. So, it was time to get out the camera. As I was a scrolling through the pictures for this post, I couldn't help but notice that the kids like to have their tongues out...
This picture is especially nice since it illustrates how they are feeling, but I love that they hold hands.
Emma was doing lots of climbing today. Lately she has had a constant stream of bumps and bruises on her forehead. She still doesn't seem to understand the concept of danger at all.
The #1 thing on her mind is Rhett. If she wakes before him, the first thing out of her mouth is Rhett, and she will usually go wait by his door for him to wake up. If I pick her up first at daycare, then she immediately asks for Rhett.
Rhett still likes building things. He spends lots of time building! He also loves arts and crafts. He told me today that he is a grown up and not a kid. So, I asked Emma if she's a grown up too, and she said, very matter-of-factly, "yeeeaaah!"
No comments:
Post a Comment