Tuesday, May 8, 2012

So Excited for the Dentist

As I mentioned, Rhett was scheduled for his first dental check up this week.  He was so excited all week long. He told every teacher about his plans and exclaimed just how excited he was to go.  He even told me that some of the kids at school don't brush their teeth at night, and he told me he's been checking out the kids teeth at school and some of them have cavities.

Here he is about to head on in...



The excitement turned to tears in about two minutes, but he toughed it out.  He did the full check up and was given lots of compliments for his good work brushing his teeth.  He got a prize, and then decided it was still really cool to go to the dentist.



As an added bonus, he got a new toothbrush and paste which made him want to brush his teeth "straightaway" when he got home.

Some other funny Rhett moments of the past few days:

On Sunday morning, he told me that since he was still sleepy he'd like ice cream for breakfast :)

On Sunday night, he woke in the night in a panic.  I raced into his room, and he told me he had a really really bad dream.  I comforted him and put him back to bed.  Shortly after he woke up in the morning I asked him what his dream was about.  He started laughing and said, "It was really funny!  Let me tell you about it.  There was a really big monster, and you were in it Mommy, and the monster started singing Barbara Ann."  Gotta love the Beach Boys!  He went on to explain that it was scary in the night time, but when he got to thinking about it in the morning, he couldn't stop laughing about it.

We've been reading various Batman stories because he loves super heroes.  His newest story brings in the Two Face character.  After I read it to him one time, he was asking me questions about it the next day and kept referring to Two Face as Half and Half Face.  When I set the record straight, I told him that a good way to remember the name is to think about how Emma is two.  Somehow that turned into Emma now being the Two Face character in our house.  Just thinking about Emma as Two Face gets me laughing some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment