Sunday, May 6, 2012

Two Going On...

Emma is nearly impossible to take out to eat especially if the establishment involves a wait.  Tonight was no different.  After going through every possible distraction in my diaper bag, I came upon an old tube of Burt's Bees chapstick.  Since Emma usually gets a little swipe on her lips, I thought it would be a good thirty second distraction.  BOY, WAS I WRONG.  After I put some on, I knew we were going to be into a full-fledged tantrum if I didn't let her take ownership of the chapstick.  So, I put the cap on, and let her have it thinking those caps are way too tricky for pudgy little fingers.  WRONG AGAIN!  She had the cap off in about three minutes and applied chapstick every 15 seconds for the remaining 30 minutes we were there.



Please note that this is Burt's Bees, so presumably it's pretty natural and harmless.  And also that I kept a close eye on her.  Which means that she only had a chance to take one bite of the chapstick :)


I am also learning that I didn't set the stage appropriately for time outs with child #2.  If I threaten time out by saying "do you want to go in time out?"  She is now responding with "yeah, time out," and she truly wants to go.  Here she is, please disregard the dried yogurt on her face.





And, here is what I saw after just one minute of "time out," it looks like she might turn into a little escape artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment