Saturday, May 19, 2012

Too funny...

...I could not think of a better title, but this whole thing is just so funny, and looking at the pictures reminded me how funny this was...

I ordered Rhett some Captain America shoes (anything Super Hero is a REALLY big deal).  Every single day, he asked if his shoes were going to arrive.  Finally, the day came.  Our UPS man doesn't come until about 6:30, so after dinner, Rhett wanted me to open the windows so that he could watch for the UPS man.  I am not joking, he literally sat by the windowsill all dressed in his Captain America t-shirt waiting.  Let me also say that aside from telling him that I ordered them, I never brought up the subject of these shoes.  HE never forgot about them and constantly asked about them.  When the UPS man came, he literally flew out the door and took the box from the guy.

Well of course Emma loved all of this commotion, but she was pretty disappointed not find any shoes for her in the box.  So, being the resourceful Momma that I am, I quickly put a few of her pairs in empty shoe boxes and brought them out for her.  I am not kidding when I say that she opened every single box, took a look, and said "no!"  Finally, I put a pair of Rhett's shoes in the box and gave it to her, and yup, that is exactly what she wanted.







As usual, please excuse the nasty forehead bruise (took a tumble at daycare) and food on the face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment