The lucky girl got to kick off the day with a "big" present. And, her generous and loving brother was more than happy to give her a ride in her new tricycle (although, I'm pretty sure he was the one that got to ride it first).
Later in the day, Rhett helped me display the presents. We thought they would be safe until present-opening time, but we were wrong. This was what we found shortly thereafter...
The special day wouldn't be complete without a visit from Grammy and Poppy. She was so excited to see them!
But, she just couldn't stay away from the presents (note that she is pulling herself up on this dangerous fireplace these days).
Most of the present-opening went like this. Rhett would do the opening, and Emma just soaked up the attention and the commotion. And, she was much more interested in the "yuckies" of the wrapping and tissue paper.
Check out her Mini Mouse and Birthday Cake toys!
Here she is modeling her new clothes from Grandma. Notice that the Cabbage Patch is modeling too. Thank you Grandma, it fits great!
Getting prepared for her first cupcake...
Every time we sang Happy Birthday, she got really excited. Her whole body would bounce and dance with the song, and she would wave her hands in the air.
You never know how a baby will respond to their first slice of cake, but I should have guessed that Emma would love eating cake. I think we were all so shocked that she kept eating it, so no one had the heart to take it away. This probably was a bad idea because I know her poor tummy hurt during the night last night. Needless to say, she will get a VERY small piece at her birthday party.
Here are a few more great pictures of our precious birthday girl!
Some other important notes about Emma at 12 months (her check up isn't for another week and a half, so I will post her measurements later):
- She loves to eat! She has eaten so many different people foods, that I can't begin to name them. Bananas are her favorite, and she is still trying to get used to milk and juice from a sippy cup! Sometimes she refuses baby food and Cheerios, but I think she does it to test us and find out if there is something a little more yummy that she can have. She loves her bottle, and it breaks my heart to think about weaning her off of it. She might get another month or two because I just don't feel ready to let go of this yet.
- She's imitating a lot of noises right now, but it's really hard to decipher words. She seems to have said things like "hi, hello, go, da da" to name a few. But, she is constantly imitating all of our sounds and noises, so I think we'll have a language/word explosion sometime in the next six months.
- She loves her bath, and I swear she threw a tantrum last night. She has a book that is water-friendly, and I read it three times but refused to read it again because the water was cold, and it was time to get out. She was pissed! She was throwing her whole body around while screaming and crying. She will probably be a handful in the coming years.
- She loves The Wiggles and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- She is "so sweet" to all her stuffed animals. If she gets her hands on one, she grabs it in a bear hug and covers it in kisses. Too bad she doesn't do this with her Mommy and Daddy.
- She still has 6 teeth; 4 on top and 2 on bottom.
- In the last month, she has mastered army-crawling, crawling on all 4s, and pulling herself up to stand. I still think she has 2 months or so before walking, but she is keeping me on my toes!
- She naps twice a day anywhere between 1-2 hours each time. And, she sleeps an average of 10.5-11 hours at night.
- She LOVES being outside! She loves stroller rides, wagon rides, and just playing around in the grass.
No comments:
Post a Comment