Also, I've noticed that Emma's playing is maturing. Two days ago I showed her how to stack blocks, and she can stack 2-3 blocks all by herself. We had some friends over and when everyone started cleaning up, I was surprised to find Emma pitching toys into the baskets like everyone else :) Then, yesterday, I saw her deliberately take puzzle pieces from a shelf and carefully place every single one into a basket. When she couldn't reach the last few pieces, she got mad so I had to help her. It was just cute/funny because you could tell she was on a mission to complete the task. Other than that, she is big on imitating right now, and I love it. I feel like more doors to communication are opening. I also think she's been singing too which is music to my ears. And, I'm starting to see her comprehend more words these days. For example, I can say something like "go get your baby/flower/Minnie Mouse," and she will do it. On a not so great note, I really don't think I've ever seen a baby with a temper like this. She is not afraid to throw things in frustration, bite, pinch, or hit. And, yes, she does it intentionally when she's frustrated or doesn't get what she wants. One time she actually crawling-chased me while trying to bite me. I feel bad because I know she's frustrated that I don't understand what she needs/wants. Because of this, I am more anxious than ever for her to start talking!
In typical Rhett fashion, he has sported a variety of accessories this week, but does not appreciate having his picture taken. Oh well, at least I got this one...
Notice that I only got the upper-half of his body, and you can see not one, but two watches, sunglasses (worn in the house no less), and the most obvious fancy hat! Long gone are the days of perfectly coordinated outfits and accessories for this guy, I love that he picks his own "flair!"
Everything that comes out of Rhett's mouth these days is usually funny, but it's day-to-day talk, so it's hard for me to remember and post in a blog. For those of you that haven't been around him recently, his talking is his greatest skill, and he's not shy which means he usually has a bunch of strangers giggling everywhere we go. Unfortunately, he has insisted that he has a new fear of being alone in his dark bedroom during the night. (Honestly, I think it's because his bedtime is too close to the end of his nap, and he's having difficulty falling asleep at night...it's a dilemma, take away the nap completely OR leave the nap and let him go to bed at 10pm...I don't like either option.) Luckily, Emma had 2 nightlights, and she was happy to share one with her brother. It seems to have done the trick in terms of his "fears."
No comments:
Post a Comment