Tuesday, June 21, 2011

You Idiot!

Before jumping into the pictures, let me explain the post title. Yesterday, we went for our almost daily walk/bike ride. Rhett rides his bike on the sidewalk, and I push Emma in her stroller on the street next to him. Well, Rhett insisted on taking his magnifying glass with him to find treasures, so he was trying to bike one-handed. The only reason that I allowed this was because it was a 5-minute bike/walk before bath time. Anyway, he was rather slow with his one-handed bike riding, and Emma and I wound up going a little faster than him. All of the sudden, I hear him yell from slightly behind us "you idiot," except it sounded more like "you indiot." I turned around and said "what did you just say?" and he said it again. He could tell I was getting a little mad, and I asked him again what he said (because I wanted to really make sure that I heard him correctly), but this time he said "I said nuffing (aka nothing)." Of course I told him that he should never say that again, and it is a very mean thing to say. For the record, I have NO IDEA where he learned this. Although the way he said it, just seems sort of "Sponge Bob-ish." So, I might have to monitor what's on the TV a little bit more. By the way, I despise Sponge Bob, and I typically turn it off, therefore I will happily blame Sponge Bob for this one :)

Over the weekend, I did my monthly sorting of the toys, and I also removed a few of the baby toys. After making a little space, I got out the box of 12-24 month old toys. Both kids have been more than happy to play inside for the last two days because of these "new" toys.

Here's Rhett happily showing off his "robot" that he built with our shape peg board. I was so proud that earlier he was using this toy to practice some basic math along the lines of 2 and 2 make 4.



As you can see, he is sporting lots of accessories. He loves his new Cars hat (getting ready for the sequel coming out this weekend) and his "bands" bracelets. I should have gotten a picture of him today. I woke him up this morning and told him it was raining, and he immediately said "so, I can wear my rain coat?" His rain coat is a lined-winter version, but of course I said yes. He looked great in his tank top, shorts, light-up Cars sneakers, and his knee-length winter-rain coat!

Apparently, I forgot to leave spare clothes for Emma at her Aunt Sue's house (Aunt Sue watches the kids during the day). And, of course, she had a diaper blow out. So, the poor girl came home in her brother's 3T t-shirt and a diaper. Here she is posing for the camera, and I'm not joking, every time the camera would flash, she would make this "pose/cheese" face...



Even in big boy clothes I think she is drop-dead gorgeous. But, I also wanted to showcase the craziness of her hair! I thought the curls would subside over time, and boy was I wrong. These curls always seem to bring out the fullness of her face, and they seem to turn into tighter curls throughout the day. Even though I'm not a "hair" girl, I think I need to start figuring out cute ways to style her hair.



One other thing about Emma that I forgot to mention a few days ago is that she takes after her Mommy in her LOVE for stuffed animals. She doesn't like to shower me with kisses or hugs, but I swear she can't pass by a soft stuffed animal without giving it a monster bear hug and a love bite (I mean kiss). She especially loves her "Lamb Chop" (not to be confused with the original Lamb Chop, it's just what I named her Lamb blanket), and I think it's turning into her attachment object.

No comments:

Post a Comment