Monday, July 25, 2011

What a Weekend!!!

We had a low key weekend planned after the first week of daycare. Both kids were showing signs of a cold (pretty much every symptom of the flu minus a high fever), so I wanted to focus on love, cuddles, vitamins, healthy food, and rest. Emma really caught up on sleep and would nap between 3-4 hours each day. During Emma's nap times, I told Rhett that he had to rest too. Yesterday, I let him play quietly with the poker chips and dominoes in my room. He decided to make a track for his cars...



but was quickly distracted by this neat trick he figured out...



and, of course, he did NOT want me to take his picture!



Just prior to this, I had called the nurse on-call to get Benadryl dosing instructions because Emma is covered in mosquito bites, and she seems to be slightly allergic. A few hours after she took the Benadryl, I noticed that half of her forehead was swollen, so I called in a few family members to assess the situation. And, we made the decision that I should take her to the ER (my first trip to the ER with one of my children) because we did not know what caused the swelling, and since it was on her head, we felt it to be better safe than sorry. It was a relatively painless trip, and she was diagnosed with an infected mosquito bite. This is the best picture I have of her forehead...



I took both kids to the pediatrician this morning to look at their gross noses, but was reassured that they are well enough to go back to school :)

For fun I have to post this picture of Emma checking out the diaper bag contents at the doctor's office.



All in all, it was a stressful weekend due to the multiple constant sick symptoms and attention, but I am so happy that the kids were doing well enough today to get back into their normal routine. Here's to hoping their second week of daycare is a little more normal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment