Saturday, November 19, 2011

Santa!

It's never too early for a visit to Santa. Rhett was really excited, and he's never been shy. I knew that Emma might give Santa some trouble though. So, we drove the twenty minutes to the mall (go early and avoid the crowds, right), and right when we got there, Rhett broke down into tears saying he didn't want to sit in Santa's lap, and he might get scared. So, I told him that we can just stand next to Santa, give him high 5's and talk to him about what we want for Christmas. I also told him that he needed to make sure and tell Santa want Emma wants too.



Before we got all the way to Santa's outstretched arms, Rhett immediately launched into "my Mommy said I don't have to sit your lap, me and Emma want a a a.....big kitchen, not a real one, and I want a....big coloring book and Spiderman. We were lucky to get Rhett to stop talking for two minutes just to get this photo (note my arm gently forcing Emma into the picture).

After we were done, I asked Rhett what he asked Santa for, he went through the list "kitchen, Spiderman coloring book." Then, he said "oh man, that's not enough things. Remember last time he brought a whole bunch of things." I calmed him quickly by suggesting that he send Santa a letter if he wants to ask for anything else.

Before we left for the Santa adventure, Rhett decided to get a hat as opposed to combing his hair, and then Emma wanted one. They were excited to show off their hats.



Rhett also wanted to display mad face, and



his Power Ranger skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment