...Rhett had his 4 year old check up today. We scheduled it a week earlier than his actual birthday, so I told him it was his check up to see if he is getting big enough to turn 4. Of course no one bothered to tell me when I scheduled this appointment, that he can't actually get his vaccinations until he really is 4 or the school district won't recognize it. So, lucky me, I get to take him back just for shots in a few weeks. His weight was right around 40 lbs (85th percentile), and his height was 40.5" (55th percentile). He had trouble with one tone during the hearing test, and they redid the test about 5 times, and he still never got it right. So, we also get to go to the Audiologist in a few weeks. It was funny watching him do his first ever vision test. He did pretty good. I don't think his vision is perfect, but it's good enough. It made me laugh though because he got mad at the nurse one time and said "well, I can't see that with one eye." Except, he said it in a tone of voice that was like "duh lady, this thing is impossible if you only have one eye trying to see it." It was really funny. The doctor was asking questions about his development, and I completely avoided bragging on all his skills, and just answered "yes" to all the questions. But, it was cute when he asked Rhett about dressing himself. I've been telling Rhett that when he turns 4, he has to get himself dressed every day (he already gets undressed and puts his own PJs on, so it's really not anything new for him). One day this week, I asked him to practice doing it because I was busy helping Emma. Anyway, when the doctor asked him the question, he said "I did it one time." Glad he got the practice round done before the appointment. No telling how he would have responded if he hadn't done it before.
The bad news is that the kids are really battling a stong cold. Emma got meds for diagnosed bronchitis, but Rhett is still on OTC stuff. I am just hoping and praying that we can keep him healthy for his birthday party this weekend.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment