Sorry to say there are no pictures this time. It's tax season, and I'm traveling so that doesn't leave much time for blogging and pictures. But, I want to remember a few conversations with my kids, so here it goes...
Emma is an arguer! She likes to say "no" when I say "yes," but our arguments progressed slightly this past weekend. I paused the TV on some commercial, so there was a frozen picture of a bunny on the TV. She looked up and proudly exclaimed "puppy!" I said, "no Emma, that's a bunny." She looked at me, and said again "puppy." We went back and forth at least six times, and then I realized that she is not backing down, so I'm not sure how I'll ever be able to teach her anything. So funny, but so unlike Rhett. She doesn't notice the slight differences in things (for example, she confuses her Sesame Street characters too and thinks they are all Elmo), whereas Rhett was hypersensitive to changes and differences. This is a different experience for me, but it is cute at times.
Yesterday in the car, Rhett had a realization that the cars in the Cars Disney Movies don't have people driving them. Then, he said "but, we have people drive our cars." I told him that's because it's a movie, and it's pretend. To which he responded "right, because the movie is just called Cars." Following on his logic, I said "yes, and if people drove the cars in the movie it would be called People and Cars." I love the way his brain works!
Rhett has also picked up on the whole "step on a crack and you'll break your momma's back" thing. I've been trying to figure out how to explain to him that by avoiding cracks, we are taking three times longer to get to our destination, during which time I am usually hauling a squirming 30-pound little sister while simultaneously trying to hold on to his hand. I don't think he's doing my back any favors :)
I really love how Emma's communication has picked up lately. Today, she was biting on something and told me "teeth" and then showed me right in the very spot where she is cutting another tooth. Good job, Emma, you finally expressed to me something that hurts in a way that I understand.
She's also starting to get interested in sitting on the potty chair. I remember this "phase" lasted almost a year before Rhett really took to full-blown training, so I'm not getting my hopes up yet. It occurred to me the other day, as I was noticing my fabulous diapering skills, that I have been changing diapers for over four years straight!!
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment