Monday, April 29, 2013

Emma is 3!

Emma turned 3 yesterday!  She has come a long way, but honestly, she still has a long way to go as I'm pretty sure she still seems to think she's in her terrible 2's :)  She wanted her party at Chuck E Cheese which was an interesting choice as she hates life-sized characters.  Hate may seem like a harsh word, but it's probably not really harsh enough to describe her feelings.  She doesn't even like going to Chick Fil A anymore because she's worried about the cow.

In this last year, she potty trained (very quickly and easily, yay!!!) and transitioned to a big girl bed.  She loves school now, and she is very social in public places.

Here are some of the things that she loves at 3 years old...
1.) Candy
2.) Stories (favorites include Pinkalicious and The Very Hungry Caterpillar)
3.) Make up!!! (This is crazy to me since I'm not big on make up, but she knows what all the different types are.  For example, if I say "oh, you have your lipstick."  She will say "no Mommy, it's lip gloss.")
4.) The color pink
5.)  Shoes (she got a new pair of dressy flats recently, and she almost always has them on)
6.)  Dora, princesses, Olivia, Barbie...all the girly things, but she won't sit still for a TV show
7.)  Certain songs that she declares are "my songs."  These include Crazy Girl, Cruise, and Wagon Wheel (yes, these are all current country songs right now).

Here are some things that she doesn't really like...
1.) Getting ready in the mornings (I think this made #1 since I just got her ready for school)
2.) Big, crazy life-sized characters (see above)
3.) Cleaning up her toys (she rarely helps with that project)
4.) Healthy food...okay, she likes some fruits...

As much as she is a handful at times, she's an amazing little girl..  She loves to spend time in my lap, and I really like that she likes to be with me all of the time.  I can't believe she is growing up so quickly.

Now, for the fun stuff, birthday pictures....

Playing games...



Pizza Time!





The Chuck E Cheese Birthday Crown!



Pink Cake





Getting some help from Rhett on those candles











And, finally, PRESENTS!





No comments:

Post a Comment