I took the day off work today to knock out dentist appts and annual check ups for the kids. Rhett shocked me at the dentist. He let them do everything they needed to do including X-rays. He thought every bit of it was fun and cool. I was so proud of him, that I didn't really mind my cleaning which came next. Usually it makes me so mad to have someone picking in my teeth, but man, I was a proud momma.
Next it was time for check ups. Doctor visits are routine for my children, so there were no fears since I promised no shots today. For my own recollection, Rhett was 45 pounds and 45 inches which puts him right at the 75th percentile. Emma was 34.5 pounds and 36.5 inches, which puts her in the 85th-90th percentile range. They are healthy and thriving. Rhett couldn't resist asking the doctor when the next shots would be. The doctor said Emma gets her boosters next year, and Rhett doesn't get them again until he's eleven. Then, he asked how many days that would be to which the doctor said 365 days for Emma and about 2,000 for Rhett. You would think that would be enough to shut him up, but he didn't stop talking about shots for the rest of the day and what it would be like when he gets them. Finally I said something like "Rhett, that is so far away, you don't need to worry about it for a long long time." Everytime he wanted to talk about it after that he'd start to say something, but would catch himself and say "oh, nevermind, I'm not worrying about it."
Oh, and Emma is signed up for Baby Ballet in the fall, and she is very excited! She talks about it all the time.
Monday, April 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment