On Saturday, we played outside for awhile. Rhett was practicing his mad hula hooping skills, and Emma wanted to be just like Mommy...sitting in the sun with sunglasses and a magazine.
After that we headed over to a crawfish boil. Ms. Sarah and Mr. Jared have a pool and at first Emma wanted nothing to do with it, but then she couldn't stay away from it. Thanks to Ms. Sarah, Emma got to put her feet in the water. Hopefully the kids didn't drive her too crazy, and they will get invited back when it's swimming weather!
The crawfish boil ended badly when Rhett wound up getting a handful of splinters trying to climb their fence. Over the course of the weekend, we probably spent a good hour and a half getting those splinters out. The hour and a half was extremely, over-the-top dramatic. Once they were out, he tried to say he was so brave and didn't cry at all, which is not exactly how I remembered the experience.
The next day was a play outside with the neighbors kind of day. When it was time for a break, it was also ice cream time. I have to say, I really think ice cream is Rhett's favorite dessert!
Let me just give you some insight into our life while I'm at it...
Currently, Emma is very concerned about where the Easter Bunny is. I don't even know how to answer this question. Usually I just tell her that he's at home resting, but I don't think they she is content with this answer since she keeps asking me.
When Rhett says things to Emma that she doesn't like, her way of telling on him is to say "Rhett talking me, Mommy." They say all kinds of nice things to each other, like "you're not coming to my birthday," and "I'm not going to play with you."
Emma is crazy at Rhett's baseball games, actually who am I kidding, she is crazy everywhere. She is the kid that makes me have to walk out of public places because she either is just too loud trying to talk to everyone or she is pitching a fit. So, trying to actually watch Rhett's baseball games is very difficult. Thankfully, we usually have a crowd supporting Rhett, so there are several sets of hands to help with her.
Rhett continues to enjoy baseball. He is starting to understand the concept of "getting out." He got out twice at his last game and cried, which is heartbreaking for me, but I know it's the lessons in life that he has to figure out. But, he really loves it, and almost always hits the coach's pitches. He loves playing catch, and I've even gotten outside to play catch with him a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment