Friday, August 8, 2014

Summer Fun!

I'm freaking out just a little that there is only two weeks of summer left, and then it's back to our really really hectic life.  We just got all of our schedules for the extracurriculars, so we'll be spending the next few weeks making sure we have everything to go.  This fall we will be doing soccer (Rhett), dance and gymnastics (Emma), and Wacky Wednesdays at Church.  I really can't believe it's that time again.

Here are some little things from the last month or so...

We officially joined our church in July.  The kids thought it was so neat to get to stand in front of the church and become "members."  On the same day, one of the guys that leads the music on Sundays was doing concert.  Well, Rhett had been begging me to take him to a concert, so this was the perfect opportunity.  Once we got all settled, the senior high kids came over to us and asked the kids if they wanted to go up in the front with them.  They loved it, and it was so cute watching them (air guitar, air drums, you name it).  Rhett now has the poster in his room, and they both feel like they know someone famous.



One of my coworkers is having her first baby in a few weeks, so I decided to take Emma along to the baby shower with me.  It was really fun to have that time with her, and she was very happy to inform everyone that baby shower's are just for girls, so she knew it was a special girl's activity.  I wish I would have thought to take a picture of her all dressed up because I don't know if I'll ever get her to wear the dress again :(



Two weeks ago, Emma had a rough week at school.  She just wasn't on her best behavior.  Well, she did much better this week, so she earned a donut morning before school.  She was very excited, and she thought she looked really good so she demanded that I take her picture.  Her brother couldn't resist getting in some pictures, too!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment