For whatever reason, Emma is really into wearing jeans right now. It's driving me crazy because it is really hot outside! She has also been picking out her clothes lately which means she's wearing her jeans a few times a week. Don't get me wrong, I think they are cute, but come on it's August in Texas. Anyway, the other day she carefully laid all her clothes out on the floor the night before. Then, she comes to get me to show me and says, "Mommy, isn't this sooooo cute?" And, I said, "well, yes, it's cute, but I'm not really sure that I like jeans in August." So, then she went and added her silver sandals to the bottom of her laid out clothes and said "well, now do you think it's soooo cute?" And, I told her, yes it's still really cute, but it's still really August. Needless to say, she was more than happy to take this picture modeling her clothes (and, yes, she's been on a headband kick lately too).
She had a pajama party day at her school too, and she was really excited. The party was on a Friday, but she made sure to tell me about it Monday - Thursday at least seven times a day. And, she told anyone else that she talked to during the week too. They got to bring their favorite book along with them :)
The week before school starts always has one day where you can go to the school and get your teacher assignments. I took the day off last year to spend time with Rhett and our neighbors, so I did it again this year. They had so much fun getting doughnuts before hand and then swimming all afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment