Sunday, December 21, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas

I have a few random pictures to share.  The most important one is the Santa picture.  I was in shock that Emma finally decided to be brave and check him out.  I'm telling you that she was panicked and latched onto my leg and refused to walk down the path toward him (which is exactly what I expected because she has stayed at least 20 feet away from Santa every year since she was 1).  But, I kind of stepped forward a little bit to hear Rhett and watched Santa pass him a candy cane.  He showed Emma, and that's all it took.  She went running to Santa.  As soon as she got her candy, she started talking and talking and talking.  At that point I told the picture lady, even if you get just her back in the picture, please take it anyway.  She has never done this, and I will buy the picture of her back because I'm so happy.  Well, they tried to ask her to turn around so they could get her face in the picture really quick, but instead of turning around, she insisted on sitting in his lap.  I'm not even joking when I tell you that tears immediately came to my eyes.  I had no idea this would happen!



Also of importance, Rhett's soccer season just finished.  He loved it, but he is loving all things sports.  The boys really really like getting their trophies, so they were more than happy to show him off.  He had a great season, and now he's on to basketball!


I love this picture of Emma and me.  A friend of ours took this while we were at a baby shower.  I've gotten to take her to a few of these showers, and it's so fun to get to do these things with her.



Rhett had his Christmas party at school this week, and another friend of mine shared this picture.  He looks like he's having fun!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment