Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Spa

A few months ago, I noticed that one of our local malls finally got one of those little girl spas (these little boutique shops that cater to little girls and are often used as a birthday party location).  Well, I knew this would be right up Emma's alley, and I was thinking it might be a good birthday party idea but I wanted to check it out first.  Needless to say, I'm trying really hard to make the kids learn patience and the time-value of money.  So, I told Emma all about it, but then I told her it was $30 to get your nails, hair and make up done.  If she wanted to check it out, then she needed to start saving her allowance.  She was really excited and saved her money for weeks.  Her Grandma learned about her saving plans for the spa, so she helped with the fund a little bit too.

Emma was so excited for her spa day.  They started with her nails, and of course she chose pink!





Then, they did hair and makeup.  Check out the finished project...



Well, it kind of turned into a nightmare when we learned just how much colored hairspray they put in her hair.  By the time we drove home, her whole carseat was covered in this stuff, and it had gotten all over the back of her shirt.  So, we had a dilemma.  She earned that hair spray, but we couldn't go anywhere with her leaving pink streaks anywhere.  Luckily our plan was to pick up Rhett and take him to the boys haircut place, Sports Clips.  While he was getting his cut, I had this brilliant idea to beg one of the ladies to just do a "shampoo" on Emma to help get this stuff out.  Of course Emma was excited because getting your hair washed is just like another spa/salon adventure, so she was completely okay with the pink coming out right away.  I just had to fork over another $15, but I promise you, that hairwasher deserved it.  I think they had to shampoo it 3 times!

We also learned about something else at Emma's spa.  They have the Disney princesses come in for activities from time to time.  Well, I just knew Emma needed to meet Ariel, her favorite princess.  Here she is at the Ariel party...



Are you a little disappointed with the Ariel?  I sure was, and I'm pretty sure Emma was not on board with this girl representing Ariel either.  She didn't even care to stay more than twenty minutes, and it was a 2 hour activity.  They had to beg her to take a quick picture with the group, but I think you can see in this picture that she really didn't think this was anything special.

No comments:

Post a Comment