Shaun was responsible for cooking on Mother's Day, and we shared our wonderful feast with Grammy, Poppy, Nanny, and Manny. The food was delicious, and as always, Shaun did a great job. A big shout out to Manny who willingly rode bikes, tricycles, and skateboards with Rhett (I'll save you the embarrassment and refrain from posting the tricycle-riding pictures).
We've been playing outside a lot lately, and the weather has been perfect. Unfortunately, it has resulted in a variety of bug bites that seems to have led to an allergic reaction in Rhett. Nothing serious, but he's been getting lots of hives off and on over the last couple of days. So, we had our first experience dealing with an allergic reaction this past week, as well as another round of steroids and benadryl.
Here are some of our favorite activities while outside...
Emma enjoying her swing.
Rhett enjoying his own BIG, BIG, FAST, FAST 4-wheeler.
Rhett riding his bike. The bike has been a HUGE hit this weekend. It seems like every spare moment is spent on that bike. He just figured out how to pedal it and keep his balance, and I am not joking when I say, he can ride that thing for 30-45 minutes at a time without getting bored. He likes to gather up his neighbor friends to ride bikes, but he insists on being the leader. If anything gets in the way of Rhett being the leader, he will pedal faster and bulldoze whatever it/he/she was that got in his way. Of course biking has led to many falls this past weekend too. But, he takes them in stride, and we are no longer panicking every time he falls :)
I wish I had a tape recorder these days because Rhett says so many funny things (and, I have to admit, lots of annoying things as well). One of the memorable moments of the weekend was when he told me he was saving his money in his piggy bank so that he could buy a real car. I'm pretty sure if he started saving now, he would probably have enough for a car by the time he is 16!
This is a big week for us. First, the arrival of our much anticipated baby cousin is scheduled for today. We are keeping Jeremy, Stacey, and baby in our prayers this week and looking forward to meeting the newest addition to the family! Second, Emma finally has her 1 year check up, so we will be getting her updated stats and dealing with the fun of immunizations. Third, Rhett has his closing program and pizza party at school. Can't believe this year is almost done, but we're slightly relieved that he might finally give his immune system a much needed break. And, finally, we are prepping for our 5 year anniversary trip to Turks and Caicos. I can't believe that Shaun and I will be able to get away for a whole week. Prepping and packing this week will make things crazy, and we will be so ready for some R&R come Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment