Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Festivities

We've had a fun weekend just staying around the house with the kids. Yesterday, we got the kiddie pools out and grilled burgers with our neighbors.

Gotta love Emma in her bathing suit...







Rhett was happy to play with his squirt gun Poppy brought over, but everyone had to watch out!



Couldn't resist posting this one...a future blackmail picture :)



On another note, I decided to get Rhett his first pair of flip flops this year (we tried about 2 or 3 different pairs last year with no success). He loves the new ones (for about an hour, and then they start bothering him)! Before he came out of his bedroom this morning, he had taken off his socks and put on his flip flops (on the wrong feet of course, and if you try to call them "shoes," he will quickly correct you insisting they are "flip flops").



Some funny Rhett conversations from this week...

The babysitter told me that he was watching a children's show on TV, and the character asked if the audience could help. Apparently Rhett said "No, I can't because I'm not in the TV."

Yesterday he asked me if he could tell Emma what to do, and I said "no, I can tell her what to do, but you can't" Then, he said "But, I'm her protector." Guess he's trying to understand the difference between protecting his sister and bossing his sister.

Rhett has had so much fun playing outside lately. He just can't get enough of his bike these days. And, he really likes playing with the neighbors. So much so, that he decided to leave the house at 8:30 in the morning (still in his jammies) and ring their doorbell. And, no, he didn't bother to tell a grown up that he was heading out to the neighbors. I think he gave everyone a scare...

Emma's definitely got some quirks as well. For example, she refuses to drink milk out of a sippy cup, so she still gets milk in her bottle. She drinks juice from a sippy cup, but she does it like she is drinking a bottle. She's still drooling excessively and must wear a bib at all times otherwise we'd go through about 4 outfits a day. She's not walking, but the girl can eat a wide variety of food. Yesterday she had her first popsicle (loved it) and polished off a whole 1/2 of a grilled cheeseburger (more than some of the "big" kids). She says a few words (uh oh, hi, go), but she communicates very well via crazy, full-out tantrums (I even had to give her a bottle in her bath this week just to stop her from throwing her head into the sides of the tub). And, heaven forbid Rhett try to play with her toys, they have not perfected sharing with one another just yet. For all of her little quirks, she is a wonderful eater and sleeper, so there are no complaints here!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to say, but I am glad to hear Emma bangs her head into things too! Isaiah does this in his highchair when he is finished eating!

    ReplyDelete