Here is the view from our room.
Shaun headed out for his first fishing adventure this morning (he has another one planned for tomorrow afternoon). I'm hoping for some fish because we have a fully equipped kitchen!
Yesterday, I indulged my Texas girly-side and got a much needed pedicure. I know feet aren't the coolest thing to take a picture of, but trust me, the spa/pedicure experience is worthy of mention! And, outside of vacation, it is virtually impossible for me to maintain pretty toes.
The island is referred to as a relatively quiet island. The main things to do are fish (I would join my hubby on this adventure, but I completely spoiled it 5 years ago with a major bout of seasickness, and I could not ruin it again), scuba, and snorkel. For the remainder of the trip, we're planning a trip to the casino for a poker tournament tonight, a fancy dinner, souvenir shopping, and some sort of excursion (sunset cruise and/or snorkel). Other than that, this island and resort is perfect for R&R. Lots of beach, pool, sleep, and reading over the next few days! Shaun and I are doing great, and we both continue to express how perfect this vacation is. It's so refreshing to have time to focus on each other because time is so hard to come by these days. We've shared lots of laughs (maybe someday he will agree to let me post a picture of him in his snorkel gear), and we've really grown up well together.
Shaun and I had ALWAYS planned on a big vacation to celebrate our 5th anniversary, so here we are (somehow the intent is always to go to Hawaii, and we always pick something else). We both agree that we never really knew the meaning of "needing a vacation" until now. Our lives are sooooo different since our last big vacation (honeymoon to Aruba). Of course our children are in wonderful hands, and that makes things so much more relaxing for us because we don't have quite as many worries running through our minds. It sounds like Emma could be a little more cooperative, but let's face it, a vacation from her mommy is probably a good thing. Maybe she'll gain a little independence and focus on her problem solving skills while we're gone??? Rhett, on the other hand, probably didn't need a vacation from his parents to hone his independence. When we talked to him about mommy and daddy going on a trip and Grammy staying with him, he told us "that would be just fine." Which reminds me of something funny he said a couple of weeks ago. In preparation for this trip, I started using a high school babysitter, Amanda. She has been wonderful, and I know that Emma does not make things easy for her. But, somehow, she always has things cleaned up when we get home, so she is a blessing! Anyway, when Rhett was describing her after the first round of babysitting, he said "is she going to be my new watcher?" So cute. For whatever reason, he is fascinated by her family, and always asks her a million questions like what's her mom's name, what's her dad's name, can her mom come over next time, etc. Amanda's mom is Ms. Lisa which also happens to be the name of the lady that cleans our house periodically. This name really trips him up, and he usually refers to both of them as Mawisa:) Another perk is that Ms. Lisa (Amanda's mom) is opening a daycare this summer, so we have time to get familiar with this family and have an "in" with the daycare should the need arise. But, we are also blessed because we have amazing family members that love our kids and have agreed to watch them full-time in the summer, yay!
Finally, I wanted to include a few more pictures from Emma's one-year photo shoot a few weeks ago...




Now, it's time for breakfast by the pool. Will check back in to the blog once we return. THANKS AGAIN TO GRAMMY, AUNT SUE, POPPY, NANNY, MANNY, COURTNEY, and AMANDA for watching our angels this week! You have no idea how much this means to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment