Then, of course, everyone was suckered into a little arts and crafts time!

Emma never completely warmed up to people, but every now and then she'd venture off and explore activities with other people. Here she is playing patty cake with Grandpa.
Grandma helped Emma sneak Rhett's Toy Story toys into her toy basket. Rhett's toys are a good way to win Emma's attention!

We made "easy" cookies this year using school fundraiser cookie dough. This allowed the kids to actually help...if you actually call this helping :)
Rhett managed to close his eyes in every single cookie picture I took.
Just a little side note, we couldn't escape the holidays without illness. Rhett was on the mend and at the end of his antibiotics. I took Emma to the doctor a few days before Christmas for a persistent, worsening cold. The second we got home and started taking the meds, she started showing all symptoms of a stomach bug (I'll spare you the details). We still haven't figured out what's upsetting her tummy, so my already slightly grumpy girl has been battling minor illnesses throughout the week. About a day before we went to the pediatrician, Emma started using a new word. MINE!!! This became her favorite (and my least favorite) word in less than 24 hours. She even used it several times during her doctor visit. When we walked out of the exam room, I heard her doctor telling the nurses all about it. Seriously Emma, neither the doctor nor myself were interested in stealing your diaper bag toys.
No comments:
Post a Comment