Every morning before school, Rhett insists on a breakfast despite the fact that they serve breakfast at school. This morning Rhett happily helped himself to an apple cereal bar from the pantry, and he grabbed an extra one for his sister. Just as he put the last bite in his mouth, we had the following conversation...
Rhett: What's for breakfast?
Me: You're still chewing your breakfast. Oh, you mean your second breakfast at school?
Rhett: Yeah, what are they giving me?
Me: Let me check the menu. It's waffles and fruit.
Rhett: Oh man! I don't like that. They don't give us syrup!
Me: Oh, they don't?
Rhett: Can we go to the doughnut shop?
Me: Well, since both you and your sister woke up at 6:15 this morning, and we're ready thirty minutes early, I guess it's your lucky day.
Before you get to thinking I am a horrible mom, both kids ate baked chicken, carrots, broccoli, and green beans for dinner the night before. Also, Rhett rarely eats lunch at school, so he has to fill up in the mornings. I'm not so sure this pattern is working out for Emma because she DOES eat "ALL" her meals and snacks at school (according to her daily reports) plus she is getting an extra breakfast at home. So, on a day like today she ate three breakfasts (assuming you count two doughnut holes as a breakfast)! And, I guess it should come as no surprise that on the same day that she was served three breakfasts, I dropped off all of her regular waistband clothes (not stretchy, elastic) at the consignment shop because I started feeling to guilty with how tight they were around her belly.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment