Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Count

Since last Thursday, I have paid 4 doctor co-pays, purchased 7 prescriptions, listened to five different diagnosis, used up 5 sick days, and have had countless hours of bonding time (albeit sick bonding time) with the kids.  Last Thursday both kids were diagnosed with double ear infections.  That's the end of the story for Rhett, he is well on his way to recovery.  Emma is and has been a completely different story as you can tell by the stats.  Before anyone gets too worried, she's not deathly ill, she just seems to pick up one infection after another.  I am thankful that she seems to be over the fevers, and down to 5 different prescriptions (3 of which are antibiotics).  So, I need to keep my eyes on her, but she is feeling well enough to do things, can't you tell??


So, this is where I need your help.  We have spent a lot of time at home, and we need some ideas of things to do over the next four days (hopefully by Monday everyone will be back to their normal routine).  If you have any ideas to share with us, I'll gladly take suggestions.  Feel free to add your comments to the blog...I love it when we get comments, but we haven't had any for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear the kids are sick! How about making a fort or castle out of some cute duct tape and large boxes.....that could last a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about comments! Thanks to a friend's blog idea, I made a "road" on our floor out of masking tape. I did it on hardwoods...my friend used carpet. The kids can use their imaginations and little cars to do all sorts of things.

    I hope everyone is healthy very soon!

    ReplyDelete