These are the best pictures I got with my phone :)
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Shocked!
I was thrown for a loop this week in trying to coordinate our evenings because I pick up the kids at 5:00 every day, and Rhett was scheduled for 6:00 swim lessons. This meant that there wouldn't be enough time for dinner when we got home, but also not enough time to drive home, eat dinner, and get back for lessons. So, I told Rhett that we were going to go out and eat light, healthy dinners each night before swimming, and then they could have dessert after lessons. It worked great.
The first day I gave him some choices of dinner spots, and I guess he didn't like his choices and said "can we go to McDonalds?" So, I said "no, well, I guess you could go to McDonalds, but you'd have to order a salad." About three days before this, I took him to Jason's Deli and he sampled some veggies off my salad bar plate...he didn't eat much, but he didn't hate it. Anyway, he got really excited when I mentioned salad on swimming lessons day and wanted to go to Jason's Deli to order the kids salad bar. His excitement spread and soon Emma was excited about salad, too. On this particular day it was pouring rain, I was still in my work clothes, and Jason's Deli is actually inside the mall which means you have to park far away from the entrance. Needless to say, I was not going to say no to the kids first ever request for salad. We were soaking wet, but they were happy. It took forever to get the kids plates organized and all the while people were commenting on my bravery for trying this with two little kids. Right as we sat down to eat, Rhett proudly exclaimed "salad!" And, then Emma did the same thing. I think the whole restaurant started laughing. They did pretty good eating their dishes.
These are the best pictures I got with my phone :)
These are the best pictures I got with my phone :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment