Thursday, August 5, 2010
Can you say archaeopteryx?
Last night I was reading Rhett his stories before bed. He picked out Oh Say Can You Say Di-no-saur? It's a Dr. Seuss-style book. The first couple pages talk about fossils and whatnot, then it gets into naming the dinosaurs followed by "Seussy" rhymes about each one. Anyway, the tyrannosaurus rex was the third dinosaur page. After I read the page, I told Rhett, "but, we just call him a T-Rex." Then, I went on to the next page talking about triceratops then the next talking about apatosaurus. But, then it got funny. I was on the page about the brachiosaurus, and Rhett said (just like I had said a couple of pages back) "we can call him saurus." Loved it, but didn't let him know, I just said "okay." Next, we went to Iguanodon, and he said "but, we can call him Don." I was laughing so hard in my head as he did this, but I was not drawing attention to it. Next up denonychus, he didn't add commentary on that one. Next, was the best of all. It was the archaeopteryx (are-key-OP-ter-ix). This guy looks like a pterodactyl. Anyway, Rhett said "we can call him..." I was dying for him to tell me how he was going to shorten this one. Then he said "...bird." So cute!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment