Friday, August 20, 2010

Exersaucer!



I found a "like new" exersaucer at our resale shop yesterday. Both of my kids were delighted to see this new toy. Rhett likes to put George in it and make him do "spins," and Emma likes to look at and reach for all the toys. Emma has also been playing in her jumper. She doesn't jump yet, but she enjoys spending time in these contraptions that make her stand up.

Yesterday I noticed that Rhett has added a fun new word to his vocabulary. At least twice, I heard him say "actually." Except that he says it act-chew-wee. He used it one time while we were talking about Halloween costumes. I finally decided and ordered the kids Peter Pan and Tinkerbell outfits. So, I was telling Rhett all about it. For some reason he decided to start telling me what I should be for Halloween (even though I never suggested that I would dress up). He told me I could be Candace (from one of his favorite shows, Phineas and Ferb, which is very much geared for the grade school/middle school kids, so I'm not sure why he gets into it). Then, he said "actually, you can be Minnie Mouse." He's a little concerned about wearing a costume. I told him he has to wear a costume to go to people's houses and say trick or treat for candy. He likes to remind me that afterward he can go home and take it off. I know it's 2 months away, but can you tell I'm already excited for this holiday?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment