Friday, August 13, 2010

Stella's Birthday Round 1

Stella is having a princess party this year which means girls only. So, Stella's mom had a little get-together at Chick Fil A to celebrate her birthday and include the "boy" friends. Rhett really needed a night out since we have been battling strep this week. They were having so much fun that they really didn't want to stop for pictures, so I apologize once again for the "action" shots!

Rhett cannot stay away from presents. I noticed that he very inconspicuously helped Stella open her presents by taking one piece of tissue out of the bags at a time. Ever since he was about 15 months old, he cannot stay away from the birthday kid at present time. He was very excited about Stella's silver and sparkly princess wand, but thankfully for him, we didn't get a good picture of him playing with it. Instead, we were able to capture Rhett and the birthday girl helping the Chick Fil A cleaning team. When Stella opened these brooms, Rhett was saying "Can she share? Can she share?" Too bad he doesn't clean at home with this much enthusiasm.





He also LOVES birthday cake. Stella had cupcakes, and he proudly selected a blue one (I guess this was his redemption after the cleaning episode and princess wand excitement). I think his Daddy is trying to get him to eat the cake part in this picture, but his Daddy doesn't realize that Rhett only eats the icing...he doesn't like the cake part too much.



Stay tuned for pictures of Emma at the princess party. She will be sporting a tutu! That's the closest thing I have to princess attire for her.

I also have to add a Rhett conversation from this week. I am trying to talk him into doing the Mickey and Minnie Mouse thing for Halloween. Every time I talk about it, he insists that he wants to be Minnie Mouse. So, I tried a different approach. I said the Minnie costume is the size for baby girls, and the Mickey is the size for little boys. He informed me that "No, the Mickey costume is the size for Mickey." Point taken :) However, he will be Mickey come October 31! Now, I just need to find a costume for him. If anyone comes across a Mickey costume for toddlers over the next two months, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment